Sunday, January 19, 2014

A mistaken conversation or two with my husband

Last night:

Him: So what time are your friends coming over?
Me: Noon
Him: So what time do you want to get up?
Me: Ten

This morning about 4 am:

Him: Go back to sleep
Me: I'm wide awake and the cat is sleeping on me. (The cat is a delicate 15 lbs and makes my back hurt more than usual.)
Him: Go back to sleep.

This morning at 920am:

Me: What time is it?
Him: About 920.
Me: Why did you let me sleep so late?
Him: You told me to wake you at ten.
Me: Crap! I still have tons to do!

Four friends are coming over for brunch at noon. I am providing beverages and dessert. I need my sleep. I haven't slept this late in a long time. I got way overtired last week. I know you really can't make up lost sleep but I try on weekends to get enough rest.

As a result, I do not have time to read the Sunday paper lazily. It will have to wait until after they leave. But it will be nice to be normal and see some friends again.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...