Monday, January 20, 2014

Stepping away from Dr. Google

I did it again. I asked Dr Google about symptoms. What the hell was I thinking? I had myself mentally on the way to the Emergency Room to get some help before I died overnight. Then sanity prevailed, I shut off the computer and went to bed. I am still alive. But I have increased the list of questions for my doctor on Wednesday or whatever day it is that I see her.

Why do I ask Dr Google any questions any more? I have no idea. I should know better. I mean with my medical history, blah, blah, blah, I am always a special case I think. I am not normal. I need to accept that.

But the real question is what is normal? What is this damn new normal all cancer people are supposed to achieve anyway? I am not sure Dr Google would know anything about the fictional new normal in the first place. Maybe I need Dr. Oz instead.

Crap. I'll just go to real doctors for answers to real questions instead.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...