Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fibromyalgia and pain

These days  my fibromyalgia has been better under control. I can also often tell the difference between fibro pain, RA pain, and I stubbed my toe pain. This is thanks to Lyrica with its weight gain side effect (and ice cream after dinner last night).

However, this is not always the case. Fibro has this lovely habit of, for absolutely no reason whatsoever - or maybe I breathed, all of a sudden I am experiencing bone deep pain in my body.

Yesterday I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned and all of a sudden I experienced pain down the right side of my back - probably a solid 9 on that stupid scale. It went from my collar bone down to my waist - an excruciating, teeth grinding pain that lasted about 30 seconds.The hygienist became concerned with my facial expression. She stopped working and asked if there was anything she could do - glass of water, sit up the chair, etc. I thanked her and said no. Her reply was 'its just letting you know its still there?' My reply was yes.

That is what fibromyalgia does, among other things. Sometimes it flares up like that in a body part - usually my back or leg or arm - sometimes at a joint and sometimes not. And there is absolutely nothing anyone can do. Unless someone invents the miracle drug that will relieve a 30 second bout of pain anytime soon.

But it is better than before which is a good thing.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...