Sunday, January 5, 2014

Resolutions for 2014

I suppose it is time to come up with some New Year's resolutions. Since I doubt I will come up with a cure for cancer on my own, I will think hard and find some others.
  1. Be healthy - this will be harder for me because my body does not seem to cooperate. Most people will have a much easier time than me. I should probably rephrase that as not to develop any new ailments or have my current ailments get any worse. Ha! As if that will happen.
  2. Lose weight. I really need to as I have never been so fat in my life. But as life would have it, I am back on Lyrica for my fibromyalgia and it comes with that lovely weight gain side effect. I need some new medications with the side effect of weight LOSS.
  3. Exercise. Not more exercise but still exercise. I go to the gym three days a week. I can't go more because I end up in pain. I usually walk with a friend once a week as well but we haven't connected recently. Exercise really helps me keep my ailments in check.
  4. Eat better.  This means less fattening food. I try to eat well but breakfast is one thing. I just had a fat free Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt with a handful of wheat Chex on top. I should add a banana to that. But then there are snacks and things (like the evil snack box at work and coworkers who bring in doughnuts and leave them in my view in the kitchen). We'll see how the rest of the day.
  5. Stop spending money on stuff I do not need. I can go to stores and end up buying stuff I really do not need. I'm not a shopaholic as a rule but I feel I won too much crap that I don't need. I haven't been buying clothes because I want to lose weight and fit into the clothes I already own.
  6. Learn some new knitting techniques - like how to make a hat using double pointed needles, Entrelac knitting which I just found about it and it looks really cool.
I think that's about it. There are probably somethings I have forgotten or just can't remember due to chemo brain/fibro fog or whatever the hell it is but that's my list for 2014.

1 comment:

Nancy's Point said...

Impressive list. I need to work on some of those same things. I really hate the side effects of meds. Sometimes I feel like I'm swimming upstream or something like that. Guess we just have to keep doing the best we can, right? Wishing you good things in 2014!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...