Sunday, February 24, 2008

94.1176470588% complete

Yes, I too can use a calculator. I am 94.1176470588% of the way through radiation treatments. That means only 5.88235...% left to go - or two treatments. Now if all my skin doesn't start peeling off in chunks in the meantime I will be happy. I did start to get a rash, which itches, which makes you scratch it, which causes irritation and skin breakdown, and peeling in chunks (but thats another story for another day).

Yesterday we did get out to go snow shoeing for a bit. It was very nice but I forgot my camera. Not to say I can take pictures in focus or anything but I would have attempted. I also went to the library. Upon checking out books, I was told I still had two books out, one of which was overdue. I said I don't think I have them but will go home and check. Voila, they were sitting there right where they should be waiting to be taken back. Moral of the story: before you go to the library, look and see if you have anything that should be returned.

Today, I have successfully convinced Walter that a walk (which he will claim is a death march) on the (plowed) bike path is a good idea. He has agreed provided we can go to the diner for breakfast afterwards. I think diner breakfast basically counteracts the benefits of a walk but that is the plan.

I also plan on watching our last Netflix which is Astronaut Farmer today. I was accused of possibly overdoing it yesterday by several sources. (I don't necessarily believe this is true). However today's plans do include movie watching to ensure I am rested enough for my looks-like-milk-tastes-like-crap-barium for breakfast event tomorrow morning. Not only do I have to be there at 7 am, but that early arrival is to allow for barium ingestion. They have sent me several notices and called on this. I can't eat or drink anything either after midnight or for four hours before hand - depending on which notice you believe. Since I don't plan on getting up in the middle of the night to eat anything, this discrepancy is not really an issue. I have to get there and drink barium for an HOUR. Then they tilt me around on a weird table again and they will take scans over the period of 30 or more minutes. They may also give me an IV contrast agent (read that as weird dye that feels icky when injected). Then you have to wait around to make sure everything is in focus (I do hope they have better photography skills than I do as I don't want to have to go through this more than once). Then I will go to the crisper. Two kinds of radiation in one day - I will definitely be glowing - but that's okay, I will just go to work.

Now Netflix is a great idea. You pay a fee and they send you movies or other DVDs to watch. Our problem is sometimes we end up having them sit there for a few weeks before we watch them and then we watch them all and have no movies for days! I think to maximize this service you should watch one every day or two and that way you never run out. Also, do you necessarily have to consult your spouse as to what is in your Netflix queue? I am not sure about this. When I do consult, we end up with weird crap in our queue. When I don't consult, the assortment of movies ends up being received with some grumbling from time to time. I think I prefer the grumbling....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...