I take five prescriptions daily. One for thyroid, one for post breast cancer, one for back pain, one for inflammation related to back pain, and one for my sanity. I have other prescriptions in cases of extreme pain or loss of sanity. I still get a lot of pain.
Sometimes I wonder what if I stopped taking them all - well not the thyroid one or the breast cancer one or the sanity one... But the back pain and inflammation ones. I mean what if my pill supplies ran out and they didn't make them any more, where would I be? I would prefer not to go to the doctor or to take any medications. Before all this, I was an advil every few months kind of person.
I was interested to read this article about living with pain without drugs.
The article recomends five things instead of medicaitons:
1. Exercise - but I already exercise. I make it a point to keep moving.
2. Alternative therapies - like acupuncture.. I already do that too.
3. Sleep - one of my favorite past times. Believe me I make a point of getting my beauty rest (I need it!).
4. Supplements - I already take them - fish oil, vitamin B, etc
5. Heat and ice - ice is a wonderful thing after the gym. Heat is a wonderful thing for those other pains.
Okay, I need more suggestions. I already do these. So I guess I have to stick to the drugs for now.