Saturday, October 15, 2016

On The Road Again

This weekend I am on the road again. It is a real road trip. I drove with a friend (well she drove all so far) about 840 miles to the middle of Indiana from Massachusetts. We spent a night at my brother's and two nights in a hotel and then we will go back to my brother's and home. A road trip without the Thelma and Louise business.

Why am I on a road trip like this when I am among the least health people in the country? Because:
  1. I wanted to
  2. Its a great change to do something completely different
  3. I am meeting some people I have known online since 2007 but have never met in person. 
Reason number 3 is the most important to me. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I went online for support and to find out information about my latest health debacle. I met all these wonderful women who were also coping with their own breast cancer demons. They were amazingly helpful and supportive and got me through some tough times.

But I never met them in person and now here I am. I will get to meet some of the people who were very important to me and understood what I was going through like no one else could. 

3 comments:

Alysha Hurd said...

Hello my name is Alysha Hurd! I am from Portland, OR but go to college in Charleston SC. I have been following your blog and have shared your story with many. You are inspirational. I have had several women in my family be diagnosed with breast cancer, so your story definitely hits home.
I am a senior this year and we are required to conduct a research project. I was wondering if you would be willing to complete my survey. I am researching the affects of Vitamin D on breast cancer. If you know anyone who would also be willing to take my survey(it’s super short) I would really appreciate it! I'm trying to get as many participants as possible! Thank you so much for your time, God bless, and stay strong!
Here is the link for the survey:
http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/Poqh1k8v
Blessings,
Alysha

John Keck said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from fibroid, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My wife suffered from fibroid for more than 20 year of marriage after our first son and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she had irregular and painful menstrual flow and the size of it was 5cm, and she always complain of stomach pain. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and she left the contact of the doctor who had the natural cure to fibroid. I never imagined fibroid has a natural cure if not surgery not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Godstime, and in one months time we went to the hospital for scan and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of fibroid and now she is fully okay, even up till this moment she is so full of life. fibroid has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on: Drgodstimehealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349063469910 on how to get his medication.  

diamond Asare said...

I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr.kuta on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr.kuta today on this Email address: drkutaherbalcenter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2347054547814

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...