Monday, July 23, 2007

Doesn't this sound like fun?

A MUGA scan is sounding more and more exciting the more I learn about it. First of all, they dont give you an injection. They draw some blood, mix it with a radioisotope and reinject it in you. Then, you are not given an x-ray but are under a gamma camera where you have to remain completely still and you get an ECG at the same time. This takes 30-60 minutes. Lastly, there are resting MUGA scans and stress MUGA scans. The stress ones are on a stationary bike or something. Hmmm.. If the test takes three hours and the resting part only takes 30-60 minutes, I suspect I get the stress part too.

And the best part is before I go to this I get my teeth cleaned and probably a filling! Yippee! Yahoo! NOT! Ice cream for dinner to recuperate? Maybe Fritos and onion dip....

Oh, even better, apparently, you get this test more than once as you go through chemo to monitor for heart damage. Something else to look forward to!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...