Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stress makes me a space shot

Okay, it makes me a space shot more than usual. I have an appointment this afternoon. I know I wrote down time, place and person to ask for but I cant find my note. I do know when to be there, think I can figure out where I am going but can't remember who to ask for. Last week, I went to Walgreens, came home, took my purchases out of the bag to put away. Put them down, and couldn't find them for three days. I am trying to be organized but it is not working.

Anyhow, I looked up the chemo drugs I will get. The first chemo combination is Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Adriamycin is from a family of anthracyclines which are anti-tumor antibiotics that interfere with enzymes involved in DNA replication but it can cause weakening of the heart. Cytoxan is an alkylating agent that damages the DNA of cancer cells to prevent them from dividing and multiplying and it causes less nausea than others and less hair loss. The second set of chemo is Taxol which is a mitotic inhibitor which disrupts mitosis (I think I remember that from HS biology class) and can cause peripheral nerve damage - tingling/damage in hands and feet. Not fun. But that's tomorrow's adventure.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...