Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Doctors need to pay attention to their scripts

I went off to the ankle doctor for what I thought was the last time. (Mental note: eat lunch first to prevent crabbiness in doctor's offices.) I also was very stupid. BRING IN YOUR BOOK! I didn't bring in my book and it took me an hour to get out of there. Stupid me. If you bring your book you never get a chance to read it. If you don't bring your book, you sit there forever. And it was a new wing on the hospital that just opened so they didn't have a lot of magazines. No TV. Just big windows on the shopping mall parking lot.

Anyway, I digress. This was supposed to be my last ankle doctor visit and today is my last PT visit. But she said that if my ankle is still sore in two months - which would be six months from the flash of stupidity that caused me to look over my shoulder while walking - then I need to have an MRI and further discussions. However if it is fine and I can live with it (meaning it probably won't get much better), I can feel free to cancel the appointment. I really want to be able to cancel it.

I am glad that this morning is my last PT visit. I mean he's a nice guy and the exercises help but this 730 am stuff is killing me. I need to be there at 730 which means leave at 7 which means get up by 545 so I can take my pill and wait an hour before eating. I should get a whole list of exercises to do so maybe I won't have to go back to the ankle doctor if I am really good about doing them.

So last night I went to bed thinking I have to get up on time, I have to get up on time, I have to get up on time. Walter is off this week so he is only getting up because I get up. (But he said he will go to the grocery store for me this morning - for the quick last trip for the third time.) So I woke up and it was dark. I looked at the clock and thought it said 615 which meant I overslept. I said 'oh BLEEP' and woke up Walter. Then I took a second look at the clock and it said 115. So I said 'oh BLEEP' again and tried to go back to sleep.

Then the alarm clock went off and I got up (with a moderate amount of whining), took my pill, hopped in the shower, and am wasting time online until I can eat breakfast and rush out the door. I was just informed I need to get my butt in gear too. So perhaps its time to get dressed etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Webmaster,

Pathology.org is the largest up to date informational database consisting of general health and disease information. The only way to combat disease and promote healthy living is to provide the public current information on health and diseases. Pathology.org consists of breaking news in the health world and offers the information needed to take preventive and combative measures to fight disease. Your website seems to be a very credible resource and would beneficial to us in the fight to combat the contraction and spread of disease. You can aid us in this fight by simply putting a banner or link up for us, making our site available to your vast public. I have included the code for the banner within this email showing you exactly what this banner will look like. Thank you for your time, effort, and work you have done, we look forward to any thoughts you may have.

Pathology.org is awarding you as top resource and if you would like to get the banner, please email me back with the subject line as your URL to avoid Spam and also to make sure that you only get the banner.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...