Monday, March 15, 2010

1,000 posts - and I'm still writing

And you are still reading... Not sure which is more significant. I started this blog 1000 posts ago, nearly three years and it was supposed to be about dealing with breast cancer. Well, there has been breast cancer and all sorts of other ailments, issues, procedures, tests, adventures, misadventures, hot flashes, chemotherapy, radiation, nausea, surgery, prescriptions, fits of crabbiness, whininess, and other mood swings, humor, cynicism, optimism, hope, fear, panic, depression, and finally a new me. But is it a new me? I'm still me. I'm still dealing, healing, coping, fighting, striving, hoping, and being a patient.

What is that saying? La plus ca change, la plus c'est la meme chose. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

1,000 posts is a lot of words, but maybe I have another 1,000 in me? I write daily before I get up and start my day (on a laptop in bed). I never thought of myself as much of a writer but ended up in a career which requires a fair amount of writing and have managed to keep this going (even though there was a high school English teacher who told me I was a terrible writer). Anyway, thank you all for reading and I'll see if I can keep up my end of the deal.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...