So I looked on the internet for sources of information on this (because everything on the internet is true) and found that there are 15 things to give up in order to be happy:
- Give up your need to be always right.
- Give up your need to be in control.
- Give up on blame
- Give up on self-defeating self-talk.
- Give up your limiting beliefs
- Give up complaining
- Give up the luxury of criticism
- Give up your need to impress others
- Give up your resistance to change
- Give up on labels
- Give up on your fears
- Give up your excuses
- Give up the past
- Give up attachment
- Give up living your life to other people's expectations.
Life throws us curve balls and if we can be happy before a curve ball nits, we can cope with it better if we are happy than if we aren't when it hits. We need to focus on what makes us happy as well.
Happiness is underrated. And incredibly important.