Friday, March 15, 2013

An Experiment

Today I am experimenting. I am going on a road trip to visit my brother and his family 350 miles away. This is an experiment because my recent health issues make me tired, cranky, and in pain often. I am not sure how I will physically feel when I get there. (And for all you would be burglars out there, my husband will be staying home and will be protected by the cat in my absence.

I am sure I will be tired when I get there but it is important I see if I can. Its sort of a test for me. If it is successful, I will go on vacation this summer with a friend and visit Misty of Chincoteague which is a much farther drive. Its probably 500 miles and we will have to avoid New York City. (Yes we know Misty is no longer alive but I am sure her great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren will be there and we can see all the other ponies.)

I also have a car load of stuff which my husband packed to bring to my brother. My little car is full of:
  • a vacuum cleaner & extra bags
  • two table lamps
  • a 9x12 area rug
  • a kitchen table
  • a folding book case
  • a TV
  • a suitcase
  • me
I think that's it. The suitcase apparently has to ride in the front seat with me. My husband packed the car and I haven't seen. I hope I can use the rear view mirror. My brother will unpack while I supervise. Loading and unloading the car are not part of my experiment.

I will report back on how I do with my experiment. In the last six months I have cut back on a lot of things that I do so this is a real test on how real my limitations are.

1 comment:

Jim's Girl said...

I hope you have a great time. I like to test my limits, a little too much, a little too often. This will be good, as long as you pace yourself. Good luck!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...