Friday, March 1, 2013

The backstory

We have all see this video that went viral about six months ago. At the hematology clinic in a Seattle hospital, they rocked it out to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger". There are all sorts of videos that go viral. But we usually never really know why they were made, who made them, or anything else. They are just a video we share and laugh at or with.
 
But this time I found out the backstory to this one. A hockey playing college student spent six months in chemo and helped make the first video.


I think knowing his story gives even more power to the video. We know the context that he was a patient as well and worked with the children in the hospital with him to make the video. There are some real smiles there. My favorite is the little boy with the missing front teeth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was excellent! Thanks for posting!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...