Sunday, July 22, 2007

HP is here!

Finally, my HP book showed up at 3:30PM yesterday. We had to go out at 4 (to a very nice wedding for a good friend). I didn't get to read it really until this morning but have been running around so I am really not reading it today. Maybe tonight. (So far it is good, a bit gory but good).

Anyway, this will be a busy week. Tuesday I have a MUGA (multi-gated blood pool imaging) scan. This is a test of your heart and surrounding tissue since some chemotherapy drugs can be very hard on your heart - merely cause congestive heart failure, a minor thing, nothing to worry about. Anyway, I don't know much about it so far. I do know I have to be there half an hour before it starts and it takes three hours! Some of the information I have seen says that it has two parts - one of a special x-ray and another where they have you riding a stationary bike to see how your heart does while stressed. Hmmm... I bet I can't read HP during this test.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...