- Blogger was down for most of two days. I find this one of the most epic cases of mismanagement. Yes it is a free service we use to host our blogs but it is part of Google's money making tools (where they are trying to take over the world) but they just severely shot themselves in the foot. Apparently there were some upgrades and maintenance issues and things went wrong and the Blogger service was done for parts of Thursday and most of Friday with no real updates or explanation. I am ready to move my blog to a provider which actually runs parallel servers to ensure these issues don't happen. Its not the problems with service but the lack of communication through the issues. Just imagine if the Google search engine was down for the same amount of time. Anyway, I couldn't blog yesterday and I always blog (unless I am in a part of the world without internet) and it upset my routine and made me cranky.
- On Wednesday I posted about my wonderful series of doctor appointments and how much fun I had with them on Tuesday (but you couldn't read it because Blogger was down). They were so much fun and then my doctor called me Wednesday night and I couldn't get hold of her to call back until Thursday morning. When doctors call you at home at night it is always stressful. Apparently my blood tests, EKG, and chest x-ray were normal (or as normal as I can be) but my PCP spoke with my endocrinologist and they want me to slightly adjust my thyroid hormone levels down to see if it impacts my heart rate and then have more blood work in six weeks. But if my thyroid level gets lower, its harder to lose weight or not gain weight and one of the things which stresses your heart is your weight. I also have an Echo cardiogram in a few weeks to see if this tells us any more information. So I am still in 'wait and see' for longer.
- I am not looking forward to a series of shots under my knee cap. I was stupid and looked up what they do and then someone else told me how painful they were for her husband.
- I am overscheduled. I have entirely too much to do in the next few weeks. I have personal stuff to do. I have volunteer work. I have doctor appointments. I have a lot of work to do. I have meetings. I have events for work. And it all has to be done in the next ten days.
- I have knee pain, back pain, SI joint pain and don't feel like sucking it up and coping so I am whining.
- I am not getting enough sleep. I wake up at night and have a very difficult time getting back to sleep. And last night just as I did get back to sleep the (stupid) cat knocked over my water glass all over the floor. He went back to sleep. I cleaned up the mess.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
I'm cranky this week. I have a lot going on and am feeling stressed. This is what is making me cranky:
I am a bookworm. As a child I always wanted to go to the library and didn't mind that if I read my newly selected books on the way home ...
As part of the universal pinkification of October, Good Housekeeping magazine has a section on breast cancer (who knew?). But one thing they...
Okay, I am done. I do not care what about any more news about what can or can't cause breast cancer. I am done. The latest info is that ...
About a year ago, I met a young woman who had had cancer since age 18 when she was diagnosed with an inherited pancreatic cancer. She had ne...