Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hobbling around made me forget

Sunday was a bad day for me - I helped at an event on Saturday night and was out for about three hours but evidently I stood up too much. Sunday I was in so much pain I would have preferred to spend the day taking it easy but I sucked it up, took a tramadol and met some friends for lunch. Monday wasn't much better. I made  it out for a walk with a friend.

Tuesday by the time I left work, I was in a lot of pain but went to the gym and did about 2/3 of my newly shortened workouts. Also on Tuesday I talked to my rheumatologist and she put me on methatrexate for my RA. It will take a couple of months to start working but the hope is I am not allergic to it as I reacted to Prednisone and Plaquenil. I will take my first weekly dose this morning.

Then I will go to my six month follow up with my radiation oncologist. I completely forgot about that. I have not had time to stress about that visit because I have been side tracked by RA and Fibro. Its not to say cancer has taken a back seat in my medical life but that the pain levels from the other issues are preventing me from stressing about cancer as much.

Maybe its time my life was diverted from cancer-cancer-cancer-cancer to cancer-pain-RA-fibro. There is more to life than cancer. My doctor appointments are  not just oncologists. Now I have added a rheumatologist to my two oncologists, endocrinologist, surgeon, and pain doctor for regular visits along with my PCP.

Now I just have to remember the questions I had for my oncologist this morning. Its always good to have questions.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...