Saturday, September 2, 2017

I've Been Sliding

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I have been lazy this summer and taking it easy - in terms of not taking care of myself as much as I should. Why not? Summer time is nice weather. There is no snow and ice to trip me up. I usually feel better during the summer. But just because I feel better doesn't mean I can stop taking care of myself.

With every doctor appointment, there are the reminders to eat healthy, blah, blah, blah. I usually reinforce my intentions. 

But I have been sliding, I have been lazy and haven't been taking care of myself. I have been pushing myself too much and not resting enough. I haven't been eating right - wine and candy have been part of my diet. And they should be. Never mind fried clams and french fries. (But they are my favorite and I only eat them in the summer.)

So now that fall is almost here (and the temperature has been in the 40s the past few nights) its time to clean up my act. First of all, I have tons of tomatoes in my garden that I need to eat. I should start eating more of them before the first frost. There are also some green beans out there and more zucchini, cucumbers, and peppers. So lots of veggies just waiting for me.

Second of all, all these sugars (wine and candy) need to stop. I need to stop them and maybe I'll even lose some weight (very helpful). I could stop carbs all together but since I like bread too much). 

So I will reinforce my intentions and try to do better. It would be nice to be healthy person and have more leeway in my diet.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...