Monday, November 12, 2007

Bacon update...

Yes I had bacon for brunch yesterday. However there was a momentary scare when I went to get food at the buffet and the chafing dish labeled bacon - WAS EMPTY! I was then forced to make a second trip to the buffet. And the bacon wasn't very good. As many restaurants do, it was cooked in the oven and was over cooked. It wasn't burned but all the fat was cooked out and it was brittle and flaky. Somewhat of a letdown. However I think I am going out to breakfast this coming weekend and will get bacon then if I still have a craving. (Then when I went back up for dessert, the apple crisp was empty... Its a conspiracy I tell you!)

Anyhow, 1/2 an hour of gardening yesterday, followed by brunch and a trip to the farm stand and I spent 6 quality hours in front of the TV set. I did do some crocheting and the cat had a very nice nap on my lap. I know there is a problem in the US where Americans spend too much time watching TV. Well I am now part of the problem and not the solution. When done with treatment, I will be part of the solution and not spend 6 hours in a row watching TV, but at this point I just don't care.

Also, I got to watch 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'. It was on last night. I think they recolorized it as the colors were very strong - and the snow was a bright blue in places. Either my eyes are changing or it was updated. It is a tad early to watch holiday shows but that is one I will suffer through several times. I have tried to watch the Grinch movie that came out a few years ago and it was just awful. I will take the original one any day.

Today, I hope the ground defrosts so that Walter can plant the damn bulbs. It might even hit 50 degrees, which would be a vast improvement over the lovely upper 20's of this morning. We are going for my daily walk this morning. (You will notice the use of the word 'we' with the term 'my daily walk'. It is good for him, builds character. A little stroll on the bike path to get the blood circulating.)

Then I have a support group to go to. This is my new group that only meets for seven weeks and actually has structure. This week it is about humor. I think I can come up with a few jokes.

PS I have not had any Halloween candy in about 3 days.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...