Saturday, November 3, 2007

Success!

An entire day free of candy. But I did have to quality control test the brownies as they come out of the oven. Anyhow, I managed not to have any Halloween candy which was my goal. I did go spend a small fortune at Costco yesterday but restocked the pantry and fridge. Of course when I got home Walter called and asked me about the one thing that I meant to buy but wasn't on the list because I only remembered it while driving there (and didn't think I should dig in my purse for a pen while driving on the highway so I could write it down. Silly me I trusted my chemo brain cells, so of course I forgot it. I am sure there are other items that will force me to return to Costco in the not so distant future but I did purchase plenty of the all important cat food and cat litter.) I also only planted about 1 bag of bulbs yesterday. Five more to go. At this rate, it will be next weekend before I am done. Grrr.... but they will look pretty in the spring.

Today I am off to the gym and a baby shower where I will do my best to eat healthy the entire time but cannot be held responsible if non-nutritional food is offered. Actually it will be nice to get out and see people who I have not seen in months. It is only about 5 miles from here and, even though we will will have those pesky little hurricane remnants, I can't see driving there and back being a problem. What is a minor problem is that today is an Army day for Walter again which means I was up at 550am. Way too early. Most definitely will need a nap. And I can expect a repeat for tomorrow as well. Wah!

PS Dinner last night turned out to be artichokes and crab cakes. Quite yummy and healthy.

PPS As part of Lahey Clinic's continued effort for consistency in communication, on Thursday I received a letter from the doctor's office moving my appointment next week from Wednesday to Thursday. Yesterday I received two appointment confirmations from Lahey, one for Wednesday and one for Thursday. They consistently confuse me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you blog! Reading this is like having you in my living room every day - its wonderful!

XXOO Judie

PS - I had cake (the piece with the most frosting) yesterday so I think you sent your sweet cravings to me...

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...