Monday, November 5, 2007

The cure for being tired...

is a good night's sleep. I slept for 8 hours last night, uninterrupted, except when the cat decided that he doesn't know about the difference between standard time and day lights savings time (which are we on now? I don't know. All I know is I reset lots of clocks yesterday.) Anyhow the point is, he used to come up at 530 am when he heard the alarm. Today, he came up at 430 am (which would have been 530 am last week) to walk on me and see if I was awake. I wasn't awake so he went to sleep. Then we all slept for another hour. He didn't need food, he just thought he should check and see if he could get some food and attention.

Anyway, the short version is that I feel less tired today. Which means I can over plan my day: walk to Wilson's farm to get the three (lightweight) things I need, plant so more damn bulbs - 1 bag down, 5 to go, support group at Lahey, two errands, and work.

What's interesting is today at the support group, we are meeting at the radiation building and getting a tour of the facility by a radiation oncologist (who will be my doctor when I start radiation) and get to ask all kinds of questions. I think this will be pretty cool. Usually when you go for treatment for something they answer questions and give you information in writing but you don't usually get a whole tour. All I have to do is remember my few questions (perhaps I should write them down and bring the piece of paper with me?) and remember to go to the far end of the Lahey, not the part I usually go. I think it is easily 1/2 mile walk from the new cancer center to the original little tiny building which is the radiation wing. Maybe its a plot to have all the patients get exercise. Or I can just remember to park over there and not have to walk.

Yesterday I went to two yard sales with a friend and got a knock off Rolex watch for $2 - now I have to get a battery for it but its a nice looking gold watch which I needed and the price wasn't bad. Its definitely not real but for a little while it was nice to think it might be. I also bought a sewing box full of all kinds of stuff, including two pairs of scissors, a whole bunch of zippers, and tons of thread and needles for $5. Its a lovely shade of dark yellow - to replicate it, take the lid off a jar of Gulden's mustard for about a week and the color will be the same. Vintage 1950's.

PS I did break down and have two Hershey kisses and one mini peanut butter cup yesterday.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...