Thursday, November 29, 2007

I napped too long yesterday

Chemo went fine but I was definitely tired from not sleeping enough. I came home and napped for three hours. Then of course I didn't sleep that well last night again, even though I took a pill as the nurse recommended. Maybe tonight I'll sleep.

Anyhow, I definitely feel like I am getting closer to the end. Up over the Rockies and headed down towards the Pacific. Where will I end up? I don't know but it will be on the beach somewhere...

I have been thinking really hard: what are the benefits to chemo??? I know I tried to do this a few months ago. First of all it kills all the nasty little cancer cells but it also:
  • lets me save on hair care products and getting out of the house in the morning, due to having no hair.
  • allows all the callouses on my feet peel off, along with the rest of the outer layer of skin.
  • is a weight loss tool - nausea, constipation, bad taste in mouth, mouth sores, heart burn, intolerance of some food smells, loss of appreciation for favorite foods - all are conducive to dieting.
  • lets me get to know the oncology nurses very well.
  • find the shortest and fastest routes to the hospital from home.
I'm thinking really hard but this might be about it. Chemo sucks is what it boils down to. However it is almost done. I can do two more weeks. Then the nurse said it will take about 2 more weeks for most of the drugs to get out of my system so by the end of December I should start to feel more like myself. However it takes 6 months or 1 year (depending on who you talk to) to finally feel like a human being again. Also, after chemo comes radiation and hormone therapy but before radiation can start comes a whole bunch of medical tests, just to make sure there isn't a molecule of my body left uninspected.

Today's big plans are walk, work, pick up dry cleaning (very important, uniform needed for drill this weekend, must not forget, write big note to self), and thats about it. I do lead such a boring life.

10 down, 2 to go.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...