Thursday, November 8, 2007

Udder cream???

Is there something ironic in this? I mentioned to the nurses that the skin is peeling off the bottom of my feet as a result of chemo. They recommended Udder Cream. (I feel there is some irony here in recommending udder cream to breast cancer patients. Does anyone else see it or is it just my warped mind?) Anyway, they gave me some samples and I put it on my feet last night with socks over them and they feel much better today. Now quick I have to go buy some before I run out of little samples. It works better than anything else I have tried. Nothing like big sheets of skin peeling off... icky, icky, icky.

Otherwise, yesterday went fine. We got there at 915 and they were running late. we didn't get out of there until after 1230. That is a long time considering that I only had blood drawn and chemo infusion and didn't see the doctor. Unfortunately I couldn't find out what time my appointment is the day before Thanksgiving. I have to wait another week for that.

Not much else happened. I did take an hour and half nap when we got home and went for a walk. Today I am going to the gym because it is a tropical 31 degrees outside and I need to work on my flabby arms. I will go to work and do some work at home. Also, I think the frost has finally killed off my annuals so I need to start cleaning them up. Not only do I have to dig holes for new bulbs but I need to dig up summer bulbs and put them in storage. (Its a good thing Walter has a long weekend and is good at digging.)

7 down, 5 to go. (I feel like now I am just about at the Kansas/Colorado state line and still have to cross the last of the plains before up and over the mountains and down to the Pacific.... Progress, but slow.)

PS I found my note and brought it with me and asked all my questions. Gold star for me for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline, you don't know me... I saw your blog address while I was searching for message boards etc for people with BC... I was diagnosed a couple of months ago...I havent started chemo yet , but getting ready for it. You have been so encouraging to me...Thank you for sharing your battle! You re almost on the other side . If you would like we could email... not sure if it sounds good for you. Please let me know. Wishing you the best, Marie

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...