Saturday, July 26, 2008

As a result of monsoon week, we now have mushrooms in the lawn. We also have lots of flowers blooming so I can bore you all with more pictures. There are zinnias in a big pot, yellow and orange begonias - both single and double orange begonias, impatiens, black eyed Susan vine, and some ripe tomatoes. You can also see the debris from my little lumberjack adventure this week. They can just sit there until Walter comes home - finally next weekend - and can cut them up.

Yesterday was just another busy day in my life. At least I am busy these days instead of being really boring. Well, I know my life is still boring but you are still reading about it (so that must say something about the excitement level in your life as well). Anyhow yesterday I went to work, worked from home, weeded the evil crab grass in the front lawn (but there is plenty left to weed again today and tomorrow), and went out to dinner with friends where I ate too much. But it was quite yummy and the point of going out to dinner is to have a nice meal you enjoy so I guess that was okay.

Today is another day in my oh-so-exciting life. I am going for a walk (now there's a surprise) and then I plan on going to the gym to work out as well but you know what happens with that kind of plan - procrastination takes over and the next thing you know three months have gone by since you actually made it to the gym.

Supposedly the Massachusetts Iris Society (I really think there is a society or association for everything on the planet) is having an iris sale at a local farm stand. I like finding unusual plants to put in the garden so I want to see if they have anything funky. (There is a house nearby that I walk past often which has these little orange iris - something like that would be neat.) I am meeting a friend there and then maybe go for another walk. Since my life is so exciting I also get to pay bills and do laundry today.

What is really exciting is I get to stay home and do nothing tonight. I feel like I have been going out too much. More excitement than I can handle I guess. This weekend is not the high point of my calendar this year but I should make the most of it as I will be away the next two weekends.

Actually I really need to focus on weeding. Last weekend I went around and sprayed the patio where the weeds are growing through the bricks with vinegar. The idea is to make the soil too acidic for anything to grow. Well, then the monsoons started and now the weeds are doing just fine thank you. I guess I need to spray again but you can't spray with vinegar too often or it smells like you are living in a pickle factory. But its organic and safe and all that. However something was nibbling on my cucumbers again so I have to put out more chili powder.

It would be nice if the tomatoes would start ripening. I have had one ripe one which I ate and now there are two more. But I am waiting (very patiently - can't you tell) for the rest of them.







No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...