Thursday, July 10, 2008

Learning from experience

We should do this. I don't think the cat does. Back when I first met my husband and his cat (who is now our cat or even my cat, except when he is bad and is Walter's cat), I was at his condo making dinner one night and dropped a piece of lettuce on the floor. When I went to pick it up it was gone but the cat was right there. I thought he won't eat lettuce but tried another piece and he ate it. Apparently he needs his veggies. Then I started growing him grass but every time after that I would make salad he would attempt to steal lettuce - and he is big enough so he can reach his paws up to the counter. It was rather annoying and he would beg for everything. One day he was begging and I was cutting up scallions so I gave him a piece. He took one bit and never begged again.

Yesterday I went to the farmer's market and got a big bunch of scallions which were not trimmed so they are very long. Well, guess who was begging again. I think he thought they were really big grass. So I gave him a piece again. He chewed on it a little and spit it out. (How thoughtful!) Shouldn't he have learned the first time? Obviously not.

I am not one to talk. Yesterday, I had one of the back windows open in my car and said to myself, go shut the window before it rains. Well, I didn't. It started to pour and I got to run out in the storm to shut the window. You think I would learn this too. Oh, well.

At the farmer's market yesterday I didn't get too many weird vegetables but I did get (and I am sure you really need to know): broccoli, lettuce, bok choy, carrots, green beans, garlic scapes, and fresh basil as well as a new basil plant to replace the one I killed recently. They had lots of interesting greens but I will wait until next week for some of them.

Now I am not sure if this is good or bad but I also received an appointment notice for the surgeon for next Wednesday. This is when we will talk about my gall bladder in more detail. Is it good that I got in to see him in about 2 weeks, instead of the 3 or 4 weeks my primary care said it would be? Or is it a bad thing because she thinks it needs to go sooner? All I know is I am not ready to have more surgery. I want to wait until the end of the summer - like late September. Grr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...