Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random thoughts

Maybe my brain isn't forming big coherent thoughts this morning so I am sticking with the little ones.

- When it rains at night, why do people turn on their sprinklers the next morning? This is a waste of water and energy. Also, I can understand the earthworms on the sidewalk after the rain but why all the giant yellow slugs too?

- Will all the green tomatoes that fell off my plants in the big capsizing on Sunday ripen on my window sill?

- To clarify, the doctor I saw on Friday put me on a three month call back. I am also on a four month call back with my primary care and have a six month call back with my radiation oncologist and have an appointment with a GI doctor in a couple of weeks. Now I am down to about 2 doctors a month. But still way too many.

- I am watching lots of movies with Walter gone and now am stuck between Netflix - none here to watch... Maybe one will show up today.

- My dahlias are about to bloom and my begonias are finally blooming. Pictures later this week.

- I really don't think I can leave this big tree branch sitting on the hedge for two more weeks until Walter returns. Later today I will play lumberjack and cut it up. Its kind of hard to see because I took it from the window upstairs...

- I am working more now than I have in a year - 20 hours/week. Possibly that is why I am so tired these days.

- Yesterday at work I spent 15 minutes looking for an 8 year old's lost tooth. He lost it during the day and had it in a little box, which he dropped and it opened up. Finally it reappeared. I think losing the tooth would have been more traumatic than losing it the first time.

- Who is wrong here? I was walking on the bike path this morning. There were two bike riders who did not stop at the stop sign on the bike path before crossing a road. There was a car that did not slow down for the bike path. There were lots of squealing brakes but no collision (and a few nasty words, and the bike rider did chase after the car...). Who is wrong? The bike riders for not stopping? The car for not allowing the bike riders to cross? I actually think they both were. And don't get me started on the stupidity of chasing the car either...

Well, that's my brain capacity this morning.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...