Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The criminal in our midst

Well, maybe not a criminal but a little escape artist. Every day this week, the cat has escaped, at least once. He has learned how to push open the front screen door that doesn't latch and get out. Now he is so proud of this skill, he tries it all the time. Yesterday I thought he got out and went out side to look for him. He followed me out. Smarty pants kitty. We will have to get a little GPS for him or something. He's an indoor cat. He just doesn't remember that all the time.

Yesterday afternoon I decided I really am not happy with my latest medical diagnosis. Unfortunately I can't change them so I have to learn to live with them. Then I got really stupid and looked up on line what exactly they do when you have gall bladder surgery. That was really dumb.

Basically like any other surgery, you get preop tests to make sure you are healthy enough for the surgery and they know exactly what they are operating on. During surgery, which is laproscopic usually, you are sedated (that's awfully nice of them), you get four little incisions and shouldn't feel a thing. Here's the potentially yucky part, you may get a nasal gastric tube to remove stomach acids for a few days AND you may get a drain. I certainly hope I don't get either of these. I will definitely bring this up with the doctor before hand. Why did I read this? I am not sure. But I definitely did not watch the little video they had of the procedure. That would be really yucky. And I really can't wait to have another drain. That was probably the worst medical thing done to me ever.

Well now I am suitably grossed out and have something new to stress about. I am sure Walter will be suitably appreciative of my abilities to suffer in silence on this one. However I am not going to have it done until probably late September. We are going away for Walter's birthday and I would prefer not to be recovering from surgery at that time.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...