Friday, July 11, 2008

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger

Well that is the theory anyway. Yesterday I decided to be green, cheap, and healthy and decided I would bike to work. Its a mere four miles and barely up hill. I made there and made it back but I definitely am not ready for more biking just yet. Maybe again next week, or even over the weekend, but certainly not today. Besides, my butt hurts!

Also, bike helmets are no match for sheep's butt hair. Yesterday morning, I showered, put gel in my hair, and then left for work before it was dry and wore my bike helmet. No one could tell the difference with my hair that it had dried with a bike helmet on! It looked the same.

Yesterday, I also harvested my first cucumbers from my garden. I kept one and gave the other away. Quite yummy! Peppers should be ready soon - maybe another week but the tomatoes will take a while still.

Also, most exciting I had three good things yesterday: I finally met a local woman who is also dealing with breast cancer. We met on line months ago and have been emailing and talking but never met in person until yesterday. That was nice. Then I got an email from an old friend who just had his third child (well his wife had it). Last, I heard from a friend I haven't seen in 20 years who will be in town next week! Lots of good news for a change. On the other hand, my damn (you can see the progression here, now it has the adjective 'damn' applied to it) gall bladder is still making its presence known.

Off to work today by car and then work from home too. And some weeding. And a walk.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...