Saturday, July 19, 2008

The perpetrators must be dissauded

Yesterday in BROAD DAYLIGHT crimes were perpetrated in my back yard. Here is clear proof of vandalism and other destruction of property. This means war!

Yesterday morning I watered the plants and they were fine. Then at 4 pm I went back outside and look what I found - a cannibalized pepper and a chewed cucumber - and this is the second one this week! In an effort to repel the criminals, I have since covered the plants with cayenne pepper (and hope this doesn't impact the flavor of my vegetables). Grrr!!! I shall keep you posted on my progress. Cayenne pepper is a cheap and organic repellent for rodents. I buy the giant cheap jars at the grocery store especially for this purpose. I guess the other organic option - but definitely less humane - would be to turn the cat into an outdoor cat (as he seems to want to be) and have him patrol the back yard. He has proved he is capable of terminating the mice we used to have. I am sure he could run off a few criminal rodents outside - as long as it didn't interfere with his nap schedule.

On a lighter note, we now have some more proof that man was not meant to jump out of airplanes. First of all this man couldn't keep himself together while skydiving. (If you are trying to come up with something to do this summer, you could always help him go look for his leg.) And this man had problems landing correctly. (Note to the guys on the ground - its okay to look up while playing.) Personally if I am in an airplane the last thing I am going to do is jump out of it. Do you remember the hijacker back in the 70's who took the money and jumped out? No one found him or his money either.

Yesterday, I decided I definitely over did it between Wednesday and Thursday. So after work and my doctors appointment, I spent a very productive few hours (being part of the problem again) in front of the TV set. I found, to my dismay, I hadn't been very good at keeping my Netflix on hand and was forced to resort to cooking shows. However I was lazy for quite a while and got a decent nights sleep (except when Walter called an hour after I went to bed but I really did want to talk to him). Today I feel better and will continue to be relatively lazy but am going for a big walk this morning before it gets hot. Yesterday I only took a little walk so I need to make up for that.

So the oncologist yesterday said he thinks I am doing well but he wants to see me back in three months. I am really sick of this 'you need to come back'. I want the doctors to say 'come back in a year, you are fine' but I guess I am not quite at that stage. Grrr, again.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Your plant eaters could be rabbits or woodchucks. I do not think your cat should take on woodchucks!! And since you love your cat so much, you might consider keeping him indoors in pursuit of a long long healthy life!! RJT

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...