Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Sunday morning ramble

This morning I don't have a topic. I think I just have a ramble. I am ready for Christmas I think. Well, mostly. My parents are coming here for Christmas day and I have two ducks in the freezer as well as some shrimp waiting to be defrosted. We will have shrimp cocktail; arugula, pear and asiago salad; roast duck with apple chutney, whole wheat bread based stuffing, chestnut stuffing, and some green vegetable; and chocolate souffle with ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert. I have to get to the store for a few more ingredients.

The presents are wrapped and under the tree. As a result, the dining room, a/k/a wrapping central, looks like a bomb went off in it. I have five days in which to go to two exercises classes, pt, two doctor appointments, 15 hours of work for one job, 12 hours of work for a second job, and clean the house. Plenty of time. And I have to do my stupid exercises every day.

My back hurts. I might be fighting a cold. I'm tired. I want to get through the holidays and not gain weight. My ankle hurts too. And then there is my elbow.

After Christmas day, I still have to make three baskets of cookies and Chex mix as gifts for family members. But I'll worry about them next week.

Was Christmas different before cancer? I don't know. Is there a sense of gloom over life now? I don't think so. Yesterday I talked to a friend's husband who just finished chemo for Stage IV colon cancer. He is feeling optimistic. I don't think there is a gloom in his house either.

I should be meeting at least one friend for a walk this afternoon. I also have a pot of bean soup on the stove that should be ready by lunch. Right now I'm in my flannel pjs, slippers, and watching TV with my husband.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...