Thursday, June 23, 2011

Medical round up


- This is in the category of 'if you can't cure them, confuse them'. One of the locations of the hospital I go to has decided to renumber their floors. They used to be 1, 2, 3. At the main hospital you enter on the 4th floor. Go figure.

- At PT for my knee yesterday, I told the therapist I was trying to figure out the best way to keep working on strengthening my knee with out causing more pain from the bursitis in my hip. She told me that due to the pain caused by repetitive industry, she doesn't think I have bursitis but arthritis and should talk to my doctor about testing for osteo vs. rheumatoid - which runs in my family.

- I'm cranky because I am waiting for my doctor to call me back - she was out on Tuesday and went home sick yesterday. When I called again yesterday, I was told that it would be referred to the doctor on call if my doctor is out again. I am not in a mood to wait.

- The latest news for women with breast cancer has its ups and downs. They are working on implanting lymph nodes to help with lymphedema but its still in the testing stage. However the FDA now says that silicone breast implants should only be expected to last ten years because of rupturing issues, along with that increased risk of lymphoma.

- Don't go to the hospital in July as they are filled with new residents who don't yet have a clue. If you do have to go to the hospital in July, ask a nurse to make sure the resident knows what they are doing.

- They still do not have a cure for cancer but claim they are getting closer.

That's enough for this morning.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...