Me I go to the doctor or dentist or other medical professional and get a list of don'ts.
- Don't lift anything over 15 lbs. (For the rest of your life)
- Don't twist your back (Ditto)
- Don't use a treadmill (Ditto again)
- Don't drink alcohol (because of your meds)
- Don't stop exercising (because you may never be able to start again)
- Don't rake, shovel, vacuum, sweep, or anything like that.
- Don't forget your eye drops twice a day or more often
- Don't forget your dry mouth rinse
- Don't forget your special tooth paste
- Don't forget your new prescriptions
I just get frustrated by the limitations in my life. Why can't I just be normal and do all the things I want to do. Museums would be nice but that involves long walks and standing around. Two things I don't do well. And before you suggest it, I'm not ready for a wheelchair anytime soon. I like walking on the beach but now am limited to packed sand at low tide. And I can't go as far as I would like.
They say a cancer diagnosis leads to PTSD and depression often accompanies an RA diagnosis. So how's my mood? I have drugs for that. And therapy. And a lot of frustration.