Tuesday, May 12, 2015

When do we start feeling old?

Cancer diagnoses have never made me feel old but lots of other things do.
  • Having clothing longer than my co-workers have lived
  • Being older than my bosses
  • Being older than my doctors by a decade or so
  • Referring to young people as the younger generation when discussing clothing styles and tattoo preferences.
  • Remembering the good old days when you could get bleacher tickets to the Red Sox to sit on benches for just a couple of bucks.
  • Remembering black and white TV with three channels, five ice cream cones for a dollar, movies for a dollar.
  • Remembering when computers were for dorks and geeks.
Being told I am too young to have all these ailments does not make me feel old. It makes me appreciate being so young.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...