Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This is mild RA?

Egad! Yesterday I had a follow up appointment with my rheumatologist. One of the many questions I had for her was what did she consider my RA to be - mild, moderate, or severe. I was somewhat surprised to hear her say - it was mild. Really? I feel like crap and have several areas of my body that have pain and swelling as well as some other issues.

I have to admit that RA is not my only ailment that causes aches and pains. I do have a couple others. And since I was diagnosed with RA and fibromyalgia at the same time so I am not sure which pains are attributable to one or the other and then there is all that osteoarthritis crap too.

On the plus side both my rheumatologist and the physical therapist at the gym yesterday told me they thought I was doing very well managing my health and my range of motion was good.

But that doesn't mean I feel that well all the time. So today I took a pain pill already and am headed out the door for another day.

Another vacation picture. Maybe I'll keep posting them until I bore everyone.

1 comment:

JieResearch said...

Dear Caroline,
Your blogposts are very inspiring. My company is currently conducting a project on post-chemo/radio therapy symptoms such as nausea, mouth ulcers, hair loss, etc. If you are willing to share your experiences, please contact us at jies@researchpartnership.com.
Absolutely no selling/drug testing will be involved.
Jie

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...