Friday, April 3, 2009

The stupid little things


Today did not have an auspicious start. I was trying to walk from the living room to the dining room through the small hall (that usually is where all the dust bunnies live) where I am currently storing my big inflatable exercise ball I use for my back exercises. The damn thing got tangled up in my feet so I ended up falling. (I am fine.) I scraped my knee. And jolted my back. And scared the cat (and my husband) who both came running.

As I was sitting on the floor doing the little mental check in you do after a fall, I started thinking (never think early in the day) and realized that I was okay but because of my back and everything else, I was more concerned than before. This is just such a stupid little thing that isn't the same anymore. Everything is potentially such a big deal. Grr, grr, grr.

But now I need to remember - never tell your doctor or nurse that you fell because then they label you a 'fall risk' while you are at the hospital and give you a special bracelet to read and don't let you do anything like stand up or go to the bathroom with out someone with you in case you fall again. So here I am advocating lying to your doctor. Basically, if you are a klutz (like me), keep quiet.

But seriously, I am fine. I took advil. I have more important things to do today. I am going away for the weekend with a good friend. She has a cabin in the mountains. There will be no one else there but us (and her five year old). Fat grams, calories, and alcohol content do not count on weekends like this. There were supposed to be more of us but everyone else couldn't make it so it will be just the two of us. I can't wait. My husband and cat will suffer at home without me and not eat nearly as well as when I am here.

But first, I am either going for a walk with a friend or going to the gym (depends when the rain starts). I should do a little work as well as pack for my trip. Or I could just procrastinate and rush around like a crazed maniac later...

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...