Friday, April 17, 2009

What if its all just a bad sci fi movie?

Yesterday I finally pulled together all my tiny brain cells and remembered to go to buy my new chemobrain book. At the checkout, the cashier looked at the book title and said 'Chemobrain? That sounds like a bad sci-fi movie.' I replied 'Don't I wish.'

Then I started thinking. What if this is all really just a bad sci-fi movie? I mean the cancer is a bunch of aliens in a spaceship (cancer cells in tumor) only some of them got out of the spaceship and may be wandering around the planet (your lymph system). Then surgery gets the tumor (space ship) but they have to send out teams of little pac man-like weapons (chemo molecules) to gobble up the cancer cells (aliens). Next they go to the missiles of the radiation treatment which targets the initial area of the invasion (tumor site) with a targeted focus to make sure there are no aliens hiding locally. Then boy meets girl, boy gets girl, they ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. Wouldn't it be nice if that's all it was? Big sigh. Maybe I shouldn't think that much...

Otherwise, yesterday I didn't get through as much work as I needed. Then I went to work. Then I came home and my lap top won't work. Currently, I am on hold with Dell to see if they can tell me why I get a 'The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denied.' message when booting up my brand new computer. I tried going to an online chat session with a support person but they say the queue is closed and to call. So I called and am listening to a recording thanking me for calling Dell, my wait time may exceed 10 minutes and telling me I should go online to get some immediate assistance with a chat session with a support representative. An evil loop of no support. Of course the best solution I have if they don't answer the phone is to return my computer and buy another one from someone else.

Today is not off to a stellar start to say the least. In addition, in trying to find something to unplug to plug in the laptop, I pulled the plug on my desktop while it was booting up so it needed to run a chkdsk to start and I had to wait for it. Now I am stuck in the evil loop of no support with the overly cheery person giving me useless advice. My wait of over 10 minutes is now up to 18... Joy of joys. And my back hurts and I probably got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Crabbiness may prevail.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...