Saturday, March 27, 2010

Honesty is (almost always) the best policy

I am full believer in honesty is the best policy. I don't think lying or avoidance can solve problems. You should just tell the truth. Sometimes you need to be polite about it but honesty is usually the best thing in the long run.

But (and you knew there was a but coming) sometimes I do omit some things. If you want to know how old I am, I'm 29, the same as I was last year. If you want to know what I weigh, that's none of your damn business. If you want to know how much weight I want to lose, its 25 lbs. If you want to know my goal weight, its what ever it takes to get me back in the clothes in my closet. If you want to know what I had for dinner last night, its officially listed in my sparkpeople log as 'yummy but diet busting meal out' for lots of calories and fat grams.

We went out for tapas (lots of little Spanish dishes) last night. We had salads and then six little dishes that had things like crab, avocado, duck, chicken, etc. My husband laughed at my entry and then I said to him, you figure out what we ate. He started to think, laughed again and said, 'you probably should just leave it with that'.

Just so you know I didn't fall off the wagon, this morning's breakfast was fat free Greek yogurt with a banana, properly documented of course.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...