Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ridiculous is the only word

If you were told a bill was going to go up 59%, what would you do? Get rid of it? Yep, I would.

Blue Shield in California wants to raise premiums up to 59% in March for 193,000. Their explanation doesn't even make sense:

"our individual market medical costs are rising rapidly due to higher provider prices, increased utilization, and the fact that healthier people are dropping coverage during a bad economy."

So healthy people can't afford the rates and are dropping coverage so they are only insuring sick people. And their costs are going up. Where's the logic? So only the sickest people will keep the coverage. Healthy people will find insurance elsewhere. This is just another step on a downward spiral.

Insurance has to be for sick and healthy people - DOH! I think they just want to put themselves out of business or expect health care reform to kick in and solve the problem for them. Ridiculous is the word for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEP! Reality Bites. Government must take this seriously. The poor becomes poorer and will be deprived to avail medications. Thanks for the post. I've been wondering about the same issue myself recently. Glad ti see an individual on the same wavelength. I also found an interesting article about breast cancer you may want tp check at http://jessicabyrne.com/breast-cancer.html

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...