Thursday, March 1, 2012

Allow me a tiny bit of gloating here

I've been saying it all along and now I have proof. I claim chemo brain and plan on claiming it for the rest of my life. Now there is a study (because of course we needed another study) that chemo brain can last for 20 years. Of course they are saying well it could be that earlier chemotherapy regimens caused more damage than newer ones and that maybe hormonal treatments might also contribute to chemobrain. But I don't care. I get to gloat a tiny bit.

But chemo brain is nothing to laugh about. Not remembering words, using the wrong words, and more are little aggravations but when they happen all the time, they can interfere with your quality of life.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Oh lordy - for me, chemo brain is not unlike "new parent" brain. It's good that you're sharing this because I know it was pretty stressful for me until I heard others sharing their experiences. Thanks, Caroline.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...