Friday, March 30, 2012

Going for clean margins

Clean margins are the goal in cancer surgery. Clean margins does not mean there is no doodling on the margins of your book. Clean margins mean there is a distance between the edge of the incision and any signs of cancer. Often times they are not discovered until after surgery at the biopsy and require additional surgery. Which is no fun - who wants a second surgery? Not me, thank you.

So someone has discovered a way to solve this problem. But then, it has been discovered. When will it be put to use in my hospital so that if I require more surgeries I can benefit from it.

I like to hear about medical advances but I always wonder if/when I will ever benefit from it. Grrr.

1 comment:

emily Frankovich said...

Ask your surgeon

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...