Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How good is your health care?

Now that we have a national healthcare system in place, a recent study on the quality of healthcare available in the US, state by state. They looked at things like dental care and tooth loss, obesity, death rates, and more.

I am lucky/happy to live in Massachusetts which has many good hospitals and doctors and had a mandated healthcare system for nearly 10 years. I have always thought I have received good health care over the years.

I read through the article and was appalled on some level at the level of health care available in differing states in this day and age. But then I read through the full report (17 page pdf) and was generally impressed with the improvements in the past five years.

So overall, while some parts of the country still do not have access to quality medical care, improvement is visible.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...