The legacy of any cancer patient and anyone with chronic ailments is the pile of pills one must ingest daily. I am so sick of being tied to my pill box that I just wonder, what if I ditched them for a day, or two...? Would I ever go back?
I only take a few million, or so it seems:
- One thyroid pill - due to thyroid cancer
- One Femara (AI) to reduce breast cancer recurrence risk
- Two Lyrica for fibromyalgia
- One weekly injection for rheumatoid arthritis
- Two folic acid to reduce side effects from the injection
- Two leucovorin weekly to reduce side effects from the injection
- One daily anti-inflammatory due to bad back
- One weekly pain patch for bad back issues
- 1.5 anti depressants due to the stress and anxiety caused by all these ailments
Is that enough? I think its way too much.
So I have been wondering, what if I went off my meds? Would I become a news headline? You know the kind that ends with ''.... a family member said they had stopped taking their medication before robbing the bank?"
So my chemobrain/fibro fog allowed me to forget to put on a new pain patch this week which I usually change on Mondays. We'll just say that my pain levels imploded this morning so I had to take another pill to see if I can get it under control as I wait for my pain patch.
I guess I may not explode or implode but I would probably be very uncomfortable... Damn.