Monday, May 4, 2015

I shall have to remember all this 'advice'

I constantly see this type of advice - how to boost, help or other tips for your underactive thyroid or slow thyroid.
  • Eat nutritious food
  • Cut down on bad fats
  • Limit cholesterol
  • Increase fiber
  • Exercise

Is this different from any other set of medical tips for anything other ailment? No. Well sometimes they do add things like no alcohol or take your vitamins. So why is this news worthy? They do also add in this case to avoid iodine rich foods.

I just get really aggravated by these thyroid tips on how to rev up your metabolism or your slow thyroid. I have no thyroid which is different. Well actually I have a tiny little piece of thyroid left which does squat. But there are never any tips for those of us who are thyroid free essentially. That would be more helpful. The only tip we ever get is to take our pills the same way every day, preferably on an empty stomach. Grr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...