Thursday, December 20, 2007

I have been attempting to have some holiday spirit

I wrote Christmas cards and sent them (if you didn't get yours yet, I am sure it is in the mail), shopped (mostly online), we got a tree and decorated it. Now it's the 'now what'? Its time to show off our tree (before the cat knocks it over or something). Due to my highly refined photography skills, after six attempts I managed this photo of our tree. You will note the finely focused picture and lack of interference from outside lighting. (I can't close the curtains because the draw cord is behind the tree.) So just squint a little and enjoy.

Otherwise, I am feeling okay. Lived on Tylenol most of yesterday but I will see how today goes. I was very productive yesterday. I made cookies. I watched TV. The cat napped. I watched more TV. I talked on the telephone. I did not really leave the house. I do not lead an exciting life. (If you have been reading my blog this far you might have figured that out by now. I could make up a secret twin who does exciting things but then I would have to think up exciting things for them to do.)

Now that I am one week post chemo I have started to notice a few things. The general crappy (to use that well known technical term) feeling has mostly gone away. It might have really gone away except for Tuesday's little adventure. However, the nausea, my personal favorite, seems to be fading away. How will I live my life with out its continual presence? The hair and fingernails are going to take longer to recover but there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

The big question is what am I going to do with my time? I have a whole extra day in the week to make use of? Not having to go to Lahey for chemo will force me to come up with more activities. Should this include housework? I DON'T THINK SO! I am sure there are other things I can do with my time. Mind you I just need to stop going to Lahey so often to free up a bit more of my time. For those of you keeping track, I had 9 (count them NINE) trips to Lahey over a 14 day period.

Today I am going for a walk, to the library, and making cookies. But the big excitement is I get to take a shower and take off my bandage. I don't expect to find anything icky there. Just more damn steri strips. How soon until they begin to itch and 'fall off'? Bets anyone?

PS Maybe I'll take photography classes with all my spare time!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...