Monday, December 24, 2007

Recovering from socializing

We went to a party yesterday afternoon. Then once again I fell asleep in front of the TV in the living room for about an hour. I think I was tired from too many yummy appetizers. Then I couldn't fall asleep again until 1am. Smarty pants (a/k/a Walter) suggested that when I get tired, I should just go to bed instead of staying in the living room. Well, if I wasn't so comfortable watching TV and realized I was about to fall asleep, I just might. (He could also wake me up when I am falling asleep so I go up to bed, but that's another story.) Anyhow, I was up late last night. Crabbiness and big circles around my eyes may reappear.

Yesterday, I was looking over the cool stuff we got at the party on Saturday with the Yankee swap and a few other well appreciated gifts we received. The best item is what Walter got in the Yankee swap. I don't think he appreciates it very much. He wasn't inclined to take it to his office even though we said it was kind of military green. However I think it is pretty cool and one of a kind. A frog tape dispenser. Who else has one? It will add a bit of cheer to my office - which can use a hell of a lot of something... I will use it. I just have to find the refill rolls of tape - might take a special trip to Staples or someplace.

In addition, yesterday I went out for a walk. It was quite enjoyable. I also saw four little dogs (punting size/smaller than a cat) out being walked by different people, all wearing their cute little sweaters. I don't think we can get a sweater on our cat. He just sleeps under the blankets. Unfortunately, I realized I am unable to dress myself properly. I can blame chemo brain for this and I think I will. It can be said that I have a matching pair at home as well.

This morning we are going out for a walk. Walter calls these death marches. I dont think he understands that a walk in the brisk fresh air is good for him. Then we have one last Christmas present to wrap, it just was delivered this morning. Later today we have Christmas caroling and out to dinner. More socializing. Again tomorrow as well. It gives us bad eating habits. We ate lots of yummy appetizers yesterday and never had dinner. Saturday, we had popcorn for dinner. Today we will have some of our Bacon of the Month for breakfast and then skip lunch so we can eat cookies and then go out to dinner. We will diet next year.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am also in a crabby mood! Thanks for the funny post...I needed a chuckle. Cheers.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...