Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm getting ready

Well I am procrastinating. I have to leave in 45 minutes. My parents are coming to pick me up. They will probably be early. I have to get moving. I haven't taken a shower yet. Or brushed my teeth. Its funny they give you a little list of things for before surgery - wear comfy clothes, no food after midnight, etc - and they specifically tell you to brush your teeth before surgery. Do people need to be told this? I mean it is a little basic.

After surgery I am not supposed to be in substantial amounts of pain but they say take Tylenol/Advil and use ice to reduce bruising. The last time I had surgery and used ice, it was July. It is different when it is 90 degrees out than when it is snow covered December on using ice packs.

Now would you procrastinate? Going for surgery I mean? Isn't it a lot of fun - no! At least I only put on the little (see more butts) gown once. Yesterday, I put on a gown to be examined by the doctor, got dressed, put on a gown for a chest x-ray, got dressed, put on a gown for the EKG, and got dressed. I felt that all I did was change clothes the entire time I was there... I should motivate. Its a tropical 11 degrees outside too. I think I would rather stay home and make Christmas cookies.

PS I have informed Walter that the correct dinner after surgery is chocolate ice cream. I think he is working on this.

PPS I thought I should report it is 8:13 am and I have showered and brushed my teeth and put my turtleneck on right side out!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...