Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Now its my back

Lets return to the 'if its not one thing, its another' category. My back is being very bad lately. When I say bad it is causing me pain of the kind that makes it difficult to remain vertical for any length of time. That makes it hard for me to do things like walking around, cooking meals, cleaning, emptying the dishwasher, going to the grocery store, going to work, and feeding the cat among others. Nothing much. It also tends to hurt when I am sitting or lying down.

What can I do that does not cause me pain. I'm thinking. I'll get back to you when I come up with something.

I think what has happened is that the last treatment to my back has worn off. I have had these fun treatments where they basically stick heated needles in my back between the bones and kill off the irritated nerves which are causing pain. They are irritated because they are being squished as a result of my degenerating disks.

The treatments work for at least a year or so and can be repeated. Even though the nerves are killed off they do grow back but usually less so they cause less pain.

The problem is I am not scheduled to see my doctor until the end of May. I can try to get an appointment sooner but his schedule is usually very tight. Then I will have to wait to get the treatment scheduled which can take another 4-6 weeks.

I'm still thinking of something I can do without pain.

2 comments:

Shaunna Schumacher said...

It's hard to stay away from back pain once you've experienced it. It's good that you have a treatment regimen to help you. By the way, what else do you do aside from the treatment? Something to complement your treatment such as a simple stretching can make a big difference. As for me, I've been into inversion therapy for quite a number of years now, and it has helped reduce back pains significantly.

Sienna Christie said...

When extreme back pain hits you, it can absolutely leave you unproductive. And if you force yourself, it will just worsen your condition. Before it can take a toll on you, you better see a doctor or any professional that specializes in treating back pain. A day with a doctor won’t hurt!

@ Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...