Saturday, May 4, 2013

What is so 'feel good' about cancer?

I'm working on this one. I haven't come up with much. There was a recent article in the New York Times about our feel good, pinkification war on breast cancer that has never done much for me.

There is also that year 2020 breast cancer deadline which I find just stupid. Seriously in 7 years there will be a cure? We have come a fair distance in the past seven years but that doesn't seem to have us in a position to be done in the next 7. Some pretty little blue bird of happiness will have to drop something off unexpectedly that will do the trick, get through FDA testing and all that, and then drug companies will still gouge the patients for a $10,000 a year for the medication (because of all the research they had to do).

I saw a video recently about cancer researchers dancing - even in bowties - because of how happy their research makes them.


















There was an article in the local paper on a local woman who was a cancer researcher and how she felt about contributing to solving cancer.

I am glad they all like their jobs but it doesn't do much for me in the end. Maybe I'm cynical or maybe I'm just tired and cranky.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...