Monday, May 20, 2013

Off to play doctor

No, not like that! Get your minds out of the gutter!

I have an appointment this morning with my pain management doctor. My back has been hurting a lot recently. Having been through the medical school and now having the degree called 'Professional Patient PW' (PW=Perpetually Waiting), I am ready to tell my doctor the next steps,unless he has some wizardry that I don't know about.

My back has caused significant amounts of pain recently which immobilizes me and makes me cranky. We were going to wait six months between visits but I opted for four months and then called and moved my appointment up  by two weeks because of the pain.

My theory is that the last 'fun' procedure which involved heated needles in my spine has worn off (meaning the pesky nerves have grown back) and its time to schedule a new one. I am not sure what there is that can be done in the meantime and I know it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get it scheduled as well.

But I hope the appointment will go l ike this:
"How are you doing?"
"Not well, my back  hurts a lot. I think the last treatment wore off."
"Okay, lets see if we can schedule it for next week."

I know it won't be that simple. It will involve him bending me to see how much he can make my back hurt and poking and prodding. But I hope it ends up the way I want it with an appointment soon. Maybe he will even have a short term solution for the interim.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...