Sunday, March 2, 2008

Red Square

Now for most people Red Square is a landmark in Russia. However for me, its a big red square on my chest. After the 'excavation', they put gauze pads on top of the steri strips (love those things) and sealed it up with a giant clear plastic bandage. After showering yesterday, I got to remove it. Unfortunately, my skin didn't like it and it left behind a big red square on my chest. Since under going all these treatments, 'procedures', and surgeries, we have discovered that, although I am not allergic to latex or anything, that many kind of tape or adhesive cause my skin to turn all red. And if they are applied and removed daily (like after surgery or a 'procedure'), they actually peel off the outer layers of my skin that takes weeks to heal. This means that even though I purchased these very expensive clear bandages to keep my steristrips dry, I will only wear them while showering so I don't rip off a big chunk of skin. This could still be a problem even if they are only on for a short period of time. I may just let them get wet in a few more days. I'll see how this progress. I swear, if its not one thing its another. (If its not the heat, its the humidity!)

Now yesterday, the ice cream fairy did not return (which is a good thing because my waist line may not be able to handle it) but the snow shoveling fairy appeared. I have no idea who this is but their efforts were greatly appreciated. When Walter went for drill yesterday morning there was only about an inch of snow. By the time it stopped, there was closer to 4" and it was the consistency of wet cement. I tried a tiny bit to push it to the side but it was really too heavy and I just left it for when Walter came home. Then I went out for a walk and when I got home, the snow shoveling fairy had stopped by and cleaned it all up. It was the most wonderful thing! Thank you whoever you are.

Now today I am going shopping out at Nordstroms. There is finally a Nordstroms around here and it is in a mall that has gone very upscale. The idea is to go window shopping at the expensive stores (e.g., Tiffany's, etc) and to look at the sale racks at Nordstroms. I am meeting a friend who found four pairs of pants for $100 total on the sale racks there. I don't think I can normally afford their prices but it will be fun to look.

Otherwise, I will not do much as I have a feeling I will be tired enough from my shopping expedition. I do think I will go for a short walk this morning to get some fresh air but not too far. See I don't lead an exciting life.

Tip from the cat this morning, if you want food because the level of food in your dish is too low, go sleep on your owner's head and they will wake up and feed you.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...